We were honored to be skimming the Complex website and stumble across some nice words about one of our past design pieces. That of the “How Fly” mixtape cover art for Curren$y and Wiz. This was by far one of our favorite projects to take on and couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. The response from the people has been even greater.
Release Date: Aug. 9, 2009
It’s no surprise that for How Fly, Curren$y took the reference to weed straight to his cover art, designed by 3rd ID Clothing, picturing a woman rolling up a joint. It’s also no surprise he and Wiz flipped the classic Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke poster perfectly.
Written by Lauren Nostro (@LAURENcynthia)
*Disclaimer: We here at 3rd ID feel that, although many of the mixtape covers mentioned in this article are great in their own right, there are still a few pieces of art (ahhem) that should’ve made this list. EX – This Aint No Mixtape, Smokee Robinson, just to name a few). Still a great piece, just sayin’!!
Latest free album from our homie, fellow Houstonian and Boss Hogg Outlaw affiliate, Le$ entitled The Struggle Continues. Download or stream it free below.
And if you need to catch up on Le$’ past tapes, be sure to check out his website. He’s been dropping plenty of quality music for a while now.
Some classy outfits inspired by classic flicks…
From the folks who brought you the deluxe commemorative Purple Tape box set, comes a limited , deluxe vinyl edition of RZA’s The Man With the Iron Fists Soundtrack. The package includes two copies of the soundtrack on Red Vinyl each of which comes in it’s own silkscreened jacket, a bonus 7″ of “Bust Shots” featuring Ghostface, Inspectah Deck and Sheek Louch and a limited edition film poster.
Limited to 500 copies, pre-order here.
Props to NahRight for the info.
Chip tha Rip’s latest.
The Jet Life camp will be releasing their new album Jet World Order 2 on November 20th and here is a look at the tracks that will be on the project. Curren$y, Trademark Da Skydiver, Young Roddy, Smoke DZA, Sir Michael Rocks, Fiend, Corner Boy P and more all make contributions. Don’t forget, artwork by yours truly here at 3rd ID.
1. Intro (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy).
2. Welcome (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
3. No Sleep (ft Curren$y, Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
4. Never Will (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
5. The Vision (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
6. 24 Hrs (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
7. Bossed Up (ft Trademark Da Skydiver, Young Roddy & Smoke DZA)
8. Raw(ft Young Roddy)
9. Money Gramz (ft Curren$y, Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
10. M.I.A. (ft Trademark Da Skydiver)
11. The Grind (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy).
12. Sittin Low (ft Trademark Da Skydiver, Young Roddy, Fiend, Killa Kyleon & Dee Low)
13. Good Sense (ft. Young Roddy)
14. Life (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy).
15. Too High (ft Trademark Da Skydiver, Young Roddy & CornerBoy P)
16. My Word (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
17. Outro (ft Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy)
Pusha T and Decon get LuckyMe artist S-Type to remix the “Fear Of God II” track ‘What Dreams Are Made Of’.
Props to NahRight for the info.
Picture combining everything we do during the day along with everything we do at night…walking around the corner of street block with bright sunshine only to be welcomed by the beams of bright midnight moonlight…Stephen Wilkes puts this idea into images with his “Day to night” project. This is the encounter of different ways of living, different moments in the same concept.
Props to KoiKoiKoi for the info.